Biometric Access Control Technology and Readers
Biometrics is the cutting edge technology that provides increased security by assessing and identifying a person’s unique body feature. The most common biometrics are the eye (iris) and finger print readers. Biometrics combine the security of using a cardholder’s badge or PIN along with a biometric template. SNCTechnologies biometric solutions are fast and accurate.
No more keys, cards or pin codes. Fingerprint, eye and face recognition are among the most popular, recognized biometric technologies used for identification and security verification. There is no way to fake an identity – Biometric Technology provides complete access control
Biometirc technology is the most secure and effective authentication techniques in use world wide.
SNCTechnologies has a host of biometric security technologies that have been implemented to address the security needs of a variety of different industries and customers.
Facial Recognition Facial Recognition is a passive security system and has an advantage of not requiring cooperation of the persons being tracked.
Fingerprint Fingerprint biometrics is the most popular due to its ease of acquisition through national registrations, immigration and law enforcement.
Eye Iris (eye) recognition is the best authentication process available today. Iris recognition simply involves taking a picture of the iris; this picture is used solely for authentication. But what makes iris recognition the authentication system of choice?
- Stable - Unique pattern in the human iris is formed by 10 months of age, and remains unchanged throughout one's lifetime
- Unique - The probability of two rises producing the same code is nearly impossible
- Flexible - Iris recognition technology easily integrates into existing security systems or operates as a standalone
- Reliable - A distinctive iris pattern is not susceptible to theft, loss or compromise
- Non-Invasive - Unlike retinal screening, iris recognition is non-contact and quick, offering unmatched accuracy when compared to any other security alternative, from distances as far as 3" to 10"